There are seven main Chakras located near the seven main nerve ganglia of the spinal column and also near glands of the endocrine system, yet exist in the subtle body. Chakras are organizing centers for the reception, assimilation, and transmission of life energies.
- "Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System" by Anodea Judith
To put it in a nutshell, Chakras take in outside energy (sometimes referred to as "Universal Energy") processes it, and transmits it via the meridians and nadis to vital organs, cells and tissues of the body. This life energy is what allows us to live, breathe and walk the planet. Therefore, in order to live the best life possible, it behooves us to be selective as to exactly what kind of outside energy we are allowing in, because that is the energy we are using to live by! How do we do this? By reviewing our own habits, thoughts, words and actions so that our Chakras are clear and not giving us back negative energy that can eventually cause disease and breakdown of the physical body.
Energy from past life negative choices also becomes lodged in the Chakras. When I do your Akashic Record reading, I will tell you what that past-life choice was, what type of energy it is running (such as blame, fear, criticism, shame, anger, etc), at which Chakra it is running, and how it is manifesting in your current life. I will then clear it and balance your chakras.
Here is an overview of the seven main chakras and their purpose:
Chakra Seven: Sahasrara or Crown Chakra
- Color: White or Violet
- Location: Top of the head
- Associated with: higher knowledge, understanding and transcendent consciousness. This is the point where divine light enters our bodies, and is then filtered down through every other chakra and anchors us to the earth.
- Physical Relation: The brain, central nervous system, thalmus and hypothalmus
Balanced 7th Chakra Properties: Feeling empowered and at choice; ability to set goals and see them through
Imbalanced 7th Chakra Properties: Lacking in purpose, feeling victimized, refusal or inability to set goals for themselves
Chakra Six: Ajna or Third Eye Chakra
- Color: Indigo blue
- Location: Center of forehead
- Associated with: clairvoyance, intuition and imagination.
- Physical Relation: Pineal gland, eyes, forehead
Balanced 6th Chakra Properties: Mental focus, clarity of life path, ability to intuit wants and desires that are supportive and loving, empowered beliefs and thoughts that are acted upon
Imbalanced 6th Chakra Properties: Lack of focus, unable to see purpose or life path, puts others wants or needs before their own, limiting beliefs or negative thought patterns of lack, inability or refusal to follow intuition.
Chakra Five: Visuddha or Throat Chakra
- Color: Light Blue
- Location: Throat
- Associated with: communication (both inward and outward), self-expression
- Physical Relation: Throat, thyroid, neck
Balanced 5th Chakra Properties: Ability to listen and not dismiss, tolerance, integrity, honesty. Communicates thoughts and feelings in a positive, productive way to self and others.
Imbalanced 5th Chakra Properties: Inability to listen, feels unheard, may have a need to constantly talk things through. Communicates through blame, verbally abusive.
Chakra Four: Annahata or Heart Chakra
- Chakra Color: Green or Pink
- Location: Heart
- Associated with: Love (both inward and outward), compassion, devotion
- Physical Relation: Heart, lungs, chest, circulation; arms and hands
Balanced 4th Chakra Properties: Nurturing, loving, ability to care for others. Has a healthy love of self and can choose themselves over others in a balanced way. This chakra also connects the lower chakras to the higher chakras, connecting earth to spirit and spirit to earth.
Imbalanced 4th Chakra Properties: Jaded, lonely, self-critical. Unable to form loving relationships that are based on mutual love and respect. Overly tolerant to the point of self-sacrifice.
Chakra Three: Manipura or Solar Plexus Chakra
- Chakra Color: Yellow
- Location: Stomach (below the rib cage to the navel)
- Associated with: Personal power, will and self-esteem.
- Physical Relation: Stomach, gallbladder, spleen, other digestive systems
Balanced 3rd Chakra Properties: Confident, healthy boundaries, assertiveness. Able to assert one's will in a healthy, balanced way. Motivated to create and move toward goals.
Imbalanced 3rd Chakra Properties: Need to control, need for recognition, insecure. Lack of motivation, inability or refusal to assert one's will.
Chakra Two: Svadhisthana or Sacral Chakra
- Chakra Color: Orange
- Location: Lower Belly (below the navel)
- Associated with: Mood, emotions, sex, creativity, abundance
- Physical Relation: Reproductive system, kidneys, bladder
Balanced 2nd Chakra Properties: Creative, balanced emotions, healthy sexuality, boundaries and sexual relationships. Ability to thrive and manifest happiness and abundance in all forms: financial, relationships and good health.
Imbalanced 2nd Chakra Properties: Selfishness, co-dependent, lack of passion. Poor sexual boundaries, poor reproductive health, intimacy problems. Can also manifest as financial and health problems.
Chakra One: Muldhara or Root Chakra
Balanced 1st Chakra Properties: Energetic, stable, connected to nature and earth. Feeling of safety and security, feeling loved and part of a family unit. Trust in self, trust in others.
Imbalanced 1st Chakra Properties: Lack of vitality, disconnected, lack of trust, addictions or eating disorders. Problems relating to immediate family members.