Sometimes, we just know things, right? Or, just as we are thinking of someone, they call on the phone. Coincidence? No such thing! It's a healthy and balanced sixth chakra that is always giving us our intuitive messages (that hopefully we follow!) Also, called the "Third Eye" or "Ajna" in Sanskrit, this chakra is actually about more than just intuition or clairvoyance. It's also about our inner knowing as well. That little voice that is always encouraging us to make positive choices in every situation. It is associated with light - with illuminating our way through life. If we have an unbalanced sixth chakra, we are - quite literally - in the dark about where we should go or what we should do, relying on others to make our choices for us instead.
The Third Eye is located right in the middle of the forehead, and dictates the energetic health of the head, eyes and nasal passages. Imbalances in this chakra will often present with physical problems such as headaches or migraines, sinus infections and vision problems. An underactive sixth chakra can result in a lack of vision or sense of purpose, mental confusion about one's path, lack of insight or imagination. An overactive sixth chakra can present as chronic planning and overthinking, or lots of vision without action. Imbalanced energy here can also present with an inability to trust one's inner voice or avoiding making decisions for fear of being "wrong."
A damaged third eye can also be the result of past-life karma - uncovered through an in-depth Akashic Record Reading - where one allowed others to constantly tell them they were wrong or accepting someone else's truth as their own, never truly acting on their own behalf and blindly going along with coercion and manipulation. This creates a complete lack of trust in their own thinking, that will set in motion a karmic pattern of behavior that allows others to constantly choose for them and to be easily manipulated lifetime after lifetime until balanced out through new action.
Here are several ways to help balance your Sixth Chakra:
- Take the time to really know what it is you like and enjoy in life, and formulate a plan to make it happen
- Trust your inner voice with how you feel about a particular person or situation, and act on it accordingly
- Disregard anything that causes you to question your worth, your contributions or your freedom
- Try Child's Pose, a yoga position where you can rest your forehead on the floor or blanket, focusing attention on the third eye.
- Wear dark indigo blue, the color of the sixth chakra, or eat dark blue or purple foods such as blueberries, blackberries, plums, eggplant or red cabbage.
- Keep deep blue crystals on or near you such as Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite or Tanzanite
- Say healing affirmations such as: "I listen to my inner wisdom at all times," "I love, honor and respect my myself and value my ideas and opinions," "I am wise, intuitive, and aligned with my highest good" and "I seek wisdom and guidance from within during all situations."