Our connection to Divine Source, our spiritual knowing, lies at our Crown Chakra or Sahasrara. It is associated with higher knowledge, understanding and transcendent consciousness. This is the point where divine light and vital force energy enters our bodies, and is then filtered down through every other chakra, anchoring us to the earth.
Located at the top of the head, this is the chakra we use to recognize that we are truly empowered beings, that we have choice in life. We harness the energy of this chakra to reach our goals and ultimately achieve our joy and abundance while incarnated. This is also the physical realm of higher brain functioning, as it encompasses the brain and especially the cerebral cortex. This governs our ability to learn, understand and integrate information we take in.
When there are imbalances in the Crown Chakra, one can present with headaches, nervousness, memory loss, depression and feeling disconnected. It can also lead to illusions, illogical thinking and self-limiting beliefs. Karma can be created at this chakra when one chooses to feel disempowered by another, by not living out their desires and intentions for fear of being persecuted or rejected by others. They then enter future incarnations with karmic patterns of feeling victimized and powerless, have trouble standing up for themselves and the perception that they are unable to set goals for themselves. They could also present with the tendency to be overly controlling or overly responsible for themselves or others until a positive choice is made or cleared through an Akashic Record Reading.
Here are ways to help balance your Crown Chakra:
- Ground your spirit through regular meditation, reflection, yoga or tai-chi.
- Seek to gain new knowledge of through books, classes and new experiences
- Expand your understanding of spirituality and know that a higher power that supports you
- Create a broader perspective on things; see life everyday situations in new, positive ways
- Wear the colors of purple or white that are associated with the Crown Chakra
- Eat purple or white foods such as grapes, plums, eggplant, potatoes or onions
- Keep purple or white crystals on or near you such as Amethyst, Labradorite, Selenite, White Calcite or Clear Quartz
- Say healing affirmations such as: "I honor and protect my divine spirit,", "I empower myself to create intentions and attain my goals," "I am wise and open-minded," "I am love and light, guided by Divine Source," "I love and accept myself just as I am, and refuse all limiting beliefs."