I'm sure you've heard the phrase "Get fired up!" or "Light a fire under it!" These phrases relate directly to our third chakra, the Solar Plexus. Called "Manipura" in Sanskrit, the third chakra is your power center, the seat of your self-confidence and self-esteem. It's where you gain the energy to assert yourself and your will in the world, and where you find motivation to create. Understanding and accepting yourself can take years, if not an entire lifetime; having a healthy third chakra can make this process easier and lead you much sooner on a path to your abundance and happiness. The Solar Plexus also helps us realize that to be at our best, we must also take good care of ourselves and put ourselves first. Self-care is not selfish; it is essential to our well being!
If I sense low third-chakra energy, it often indicates issues with self-esteem or poor self image. They constantly put others first, lack the motivation to set goals for themselves or avoid making commitments. Everything seems too difficult to achieve, so they defer to others instead. High energy running through the Solar Plexus will reflect someone who tends to be over controlling, aggressive or overly ambitious, constantly making lofty goals that are often unattainable. They may also be egotistical and manipulative. Located in the center of your body, the Solar Plexus dominates the stomach, pancreas, gall bladder and liver, the middle of the back and the upper intestines. Physical issues can develop in these areas when the Solar Plexus is unbalanced.
A damaged third chakra can be carried over from a past life, where one was made to feel weak and unimportant. While reading one's Akashic Record, I will often find a Contract of Soulmate (which is always used to control and manipulate) that was created by or put upon my client, damaging the third chakra because their self-confidence was brought down. A Vow of Sacrifice can often affect the Solar Plexus as well, because it forces one to constantly give something up in order to get what they want, presenting with anger or control issues.
There are several things you can do do help balance your Third Chakra:
- Sit calmly and take several deep, slow breaths. As you do so, envision a beautiful ball of yellow light in the center of your being. This is your internal flame.
- Warming the body is an excellent way to reignite your internal flame! Perform exercise that will cause you to sweat - running, hot yoga, pilates, even sitting in a sauna or steam room.
- Wear yellow, the color of the third chakra, and eat yellow foods.
- Crystals such as Citrine, Yellow Jasper, Pyrite and Tiger's Eye all support a healthy Solar Plexus.
- Engage in positive self talk. Remind yourself that you are strong and capable of anything you want to accomplish.
- Develop a strong sense of who you are, what you like (and don't like), and what you want from life.
- Be confident in your choices and act on your true desires, seeing them through to fruition.
- Say healing affirmations, such as "I have confidence in myself and my ability to persevere", "I am strong and capable", "I have strong self-esteem and feel I am worthy", "I am a powerful creator of my reality", "I make choices that are in my best interest," "I do not need outside approval to know my own worth," and "I assert my will in a healthy way where I feel empowered to take action on my goals and desires."